POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Oct 2009 14:47:43
Message: <4ac4f94f$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> and most of them
> are definitely ***nut cases***, who already are.

If you're saying that most armed people are nut cases, I think you're wrong.
Many or most vocal armed people are nut cases, but the last poll I saw
showed at least half the houses had a firearm and ammunition somewhere in
the house or garage. And that's self-reported, so all the people who don't
want to admit it showed up as unarmed.

> promoting "more" guns is a recipe for disaster, not a solution to making
> things safer,

I think the evidence is ambivalent on that.

> than that an army of
> liberals will try to storm the capitol building.

You know, this is the first time I've ever heard someone worried about a
citizen coup of the government. Every person arming themselves I've ever
heard of that has been worried about it has been arming themselves to
protect the government from the officials, not to overthrow the government.
I.e., to restore the constitution, not to overthrow the elected government.
I think this is probably a new GOP nutcasism, just like the birthers.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)