POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Oct 2009 11:53:39
Message: <4ac4d083$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Heh, have a look at some Stravinksy sometime - like the Rite of Spring.
>>> ;-)
>> Yes, because I ACTUALLY WANT TO BECOME CLINICALLY INSANE. :-P
>
> Well, it is a pretty cool piece of music.  I may have to listen to it
> today, in fact. :-)

Well good for you. :-P

>> Man, I had literally no idea how hard this was going to be...
>
> That level of music is by its very nature difficult.

Doesn't sound very difficult. But Jesus, I'm twisting my hands into
knots trying to follow all these crazy notes!

> I was listening to
> Paganini's 1st violin concerto the other day, and wondered what it was
> that caused such a deep-seated hatred of violinists. ;-)

Paganini was a violin virtuoso, so it probably wasn't that hard for HIM...

(I saw a piece of music the other day. Apparently Bach wrote it as a
simple piece of organ music to teach his wife how to play organ.
Except... well, this is Bach we're talking about here, so it's NOT
simple at all!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/