POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : pagefile.sys : Re: pagefile.sys Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pagefile.sys
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Sep 2009 16:56:43
Message: <4ac3c60b$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> soon as you expect the contents of the files to change, it will
>> actuall be more efficient to have some free space after each file, to
>> allow for it to grow without fragmenting /again/.
>
> Interestingly enough, Windows actually does keep track of which files
> change and which don't. Plus, it's probably pretty easy to guess in most
> cases. EXE and DLL files? Pack em tight. Mailbox files? You probably
> want to leave some space.

Ok, point taken, but.. 25% of the disk, so that the one it refused to
move is smack in the middle of the part I need to use? lol Rather have
it move all the ones that are likely to change to the end of the
contiguous area, so that the likely amount of fragmentations is less,
while still leaving the *end* of the disk free of random files. But,
maybe I am just overly picky... :p

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {