POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Povray Beta34 : Re: Povray Beta34 Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray Beta34
From: clipka
Date: 30 Sep 2009 08:07:58
Message: <4ac34a1e$1@news.povray.org>
mMike schrieb:
> Now, this beta expires tomorrow! Could it be possible to 'extend' the validity
> period of the beta?
>
> I know one could just change the source file,

You can even do it without touching the source file. On Windows, that's
just one lazy mouse click a week. On Linux, it's not much more than
editing a shell script each week.

 > but still, why is the period of beta-validity so short?

To encourage people to switch over to the next one as soon as it's released.

But it also helps encourage the dev team to release new betas every once
in a while, so I wouldn't shout too loud for what you're asking for :-P