POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare Efficiency : Healthcare Efficiency Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Healthcare Efficiency
From: Chambers
Date: 29 Sep 2009 22:07:47
Message: <4ac2bd73$1@news.povray.org>
The US spends 16% of our GDP on healthcare.  That's more than we spend
on defense, and we're fighting in Iraq *and* Afghanastan!

It's more than any other nation in the world.  Technologically, we're
also more advanced than any nation outside of the G8.

Yet, in terms of the care we receive in exchange for our dollars, we
rank 37th in the world.

For all that people complain about governmental inefficiency, I have a
hard time believing that public healthcare would be *worse* than what we
have now; in fact, I'm quite optimistic about its chances of being better.

...Chambers