POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SPLENDID! : Re: SPLENDID! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SPLENDID!
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 29 Sep 2009 08:48:50
Message: <4ac20232$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> I just spent the better part of 5 hours generating a file of the md5
> checksums of each file on my external hard drive, writing the output to
> the root.
>
> Oh wait, I'm using Vista.
>
> Oh wait, I forgot to run it as administrator.
>
> It crashed at the end with a 'file access denied' error.
>
> (Did two tests after that on a smaller directory, once using same
> settings, second with it as administrator, before figuring that out.)

That's nothing.

I just drove all the way to Guildford Cathedral, and parked up my car to
be greeted by a big sign saying "sorry, the cathedral is closed today".

What, like they couldn't be bothered to include this "minor detail" on
their website?!

(The website says they're setting up for the flower show today, but
conveniently neglects to mention that this actually means the entire
cathedral is shut...)

An entire morning and several gallons of petal completely wasted. Great.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/