POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Remember that "Could you be a US citizen" thread" : Re: Remember that "Could you be a US citizen" thread" Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remember that "Could you be a US citizen" thread"
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 29 Sep 2009 08:33:15
Message: <4ac1fe8b@news.povray.org>
"Kevin Wampler" <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote in message
> There's some interesting (if basic) analysis at 538 suggesting that the
> results of the survey were fake anyway:
>
> http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/09/are-oklahoma-students-really-this-dumb.html
>
> It looks relatively convincing to me, so good news! Oklahoma students
> aren't in quite that bad shape.

I only got around 8 or 9 correct.  I'm not familiar with the phrase, "The
supreme law of the land".  It's just not anything I ever remember hearing.
Maybe I wasn't paying attention.  But now I'll probably notice it a lot.
The other one was Thomas Jefferson writing the Declaration of Independence.
That was my best guess and I would have written it down, but I definitely
was not sure of myself.  I don't specifically recall that.

So...  I guess I'm really that dumb.  Give me a straight "B".

As someone pointed out, if this was not a multiple choice test, it's quite
possible that no one got more than 7 correct.  I wonder how schools in my
home state of Michigan would fair.