POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reminds me of mascot : Re: Reminds me of mascot Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reminds me of mascot
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Sep 2009 14:52:19
Message: <4ac105e3$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:48:34 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Oh really? And you honestly believe that, do you?
>>
>> I know it to be a 100% verifiable fact.
>
> I know of other people who are merely "shy". I don't know of anybody
> else who is like me (i.e., paranoid/delusional).

There are 6 *billion* people in the world.  I know at least half a dozen
of them who are like you.  I've got a brother who's in his 60s who lived
in his small apartment in Chicago for 30+ years.  He drove exactly 10
miles a day (5 to the school he worked at, 5 back) and that was it for
that 30 years.

His issue (and he acknowledges it) is that he has to be in control.  As a
school teacher, he was in total control of his classroom.  On the road
there are other drivers and he has no control over what they do.  So he
avoided driving.

You go out and go to dances and you do other things.  My brother avoids
the world as much as humanly possible.  By comparison, you're literally a
social butterfly.

So yeah, I know people who are actually *worse* than you.

Jim