POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : pagefile.sys : Re: pagefile.sys Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:53:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pagefile.sys
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Sep 2009 11:02:54
Message: <4ac0d01e@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> soon as you expect the contents of the files to change, it will actuall
> be more efficient to have some free space after each file, to allow for
> it to grow without fragmenting /again/.

Interestingly enough, Windows actually does keep track of which files change
and which don't. Plus, it's probably pretty easy to guess in most cases. EXE
and DLL files? Pack em tight. Mailbox files? You probably want to leave some
space.

> (Not developed by MS themselves, btw.)

That may have been true a long time ago, but I don't expect it's true any more.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)