POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Follow-up : Re: Geocities Follow-up Server Time
16 May 2024 20:46:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Follow-up
From: Chris B
Date: 28 Sep 2009 08:14:28
Message: <4ac0a8a4$1@news.povray.org>

http://gearheadrpg.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=5&topic=860&page=0#msg9644

> -Mike

Ok thanks. I've added that link into my spreadsheet.

The permission specifically refers to the objects, so doesn't explicitly
cover Sabrina archiving the geocities content. Having said that, the pages
relate exclusively to the objects, so I can't imagine he'd have an issue
with it.
Could you contact him again to see that he's aware of the geocities closure?
If he's already moved or is planning to move his geocities content it could
save Sabrina some unnecessary work.

I also noticed that the permission for the objects covered GPL (CC-GPL) and
BSD whereas the Object Collection is on the CC-LGPL (the Lesser GPL)
license. I think this is probably ok, because I think the BSD is generally
more liberal than the LGPL and I believe it authorises you to 'trade-up' to
other, more restrictive licenses, though it would probably be polite to draw
his attention to this distinction. The GPL license by contrast is stricter
and doesn't authorise redistribution under an LGPL license.

Regards,
Chris B.