POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Follow-up : Re: Geocities Follow-up Server Time
17 May 2024 09:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Follow-up
From: Chris B
Date: 27 Sep 2009 08:05:49
Message: <4abf551d@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote in message
> If there is no E-Mail item on your list, does this mean you
> did not find one on the page?

That's right. I picked up the email address if I happened to notice it, but
I was mainly focussed on identifying the type of content so that I could cut
the list up into something manageable, so I've probably missed quite a few.

> I had a look at the first two
> entries on your objects list (8,12?) and found an email for
> both.

Links 8 and 12 are on the list of 'Galleries' which I'm not planning to do
anything further with myself. Maybe someone else will step up for that list,
or for the Tutorials/Tips list.

> I have a bit of time this week to go address hunting
> if this would be helpful to you ;)

Yes please, for the 'objects' list at
http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/object.html, where I think I'm
likely to want to track down about 40 authors, that would be really helpful.
You could drop me a line on the account chris.bartlett2 on the server
virgin.net then we can coordinate a little to reduce the risk of duplication
of effort.

> Although any address which has been plain readable for years
> on an abondoned geocities cite is probably dead by now ...

Which reminds me that we should be a little careful to only publish emails
that are already out there (and that are therefore already spam-ridden). Any
addresses we get that aren't already on web pages we should do what we can
to keep a bit private.

Regards,
Chris B.