POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Follow-up : Re: Geocities Follow-up Server Time
21 May 2024 04:14:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Follow-up
From: Chris B
Date: 27 Sep 2009 07:43:02
Message: <4abf4fc6@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> I find myself agreeing with Chris on this one .... maybe the Wiki would
>> suit for single files, but packages of files might prove cumbersome. As I
>> mentioned earlier the built in Wiki export was designed to companion with
>> the Wiki import feature. It works great on bundles of files that I've
>> been moving from my test bed to the POV-Wiki but it doesn't include the
>> images embedded with those files. I've had to upload those separately.
>>
>> Jim
>
> At least the progress list could be moved to the wiki.
>
> -Mike

I think that would be a good idea for the potential Wiki content
(Tutorials/Tips etc) http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/wiki.html
and for the Galleries links
http://povhouse.freewebsites.com/geocities/galleries.html.
I'm not planning to update those two lists further and it would mean that
anyone interested in pursuing that content could manage it through the Wiki,
so please feel free to go ahead with those two any time you like.

I'm still working on updates to the Utility and Objects spreadsheet. Having
merged the CSV links data that Jim sent me I now plan to take the list down
to a level more detail to enable individual downloadable content and author
permissions to be tracked.

One word of caution about email addresses. The ones I've published so far
are direct copies from existing web pages. If we get email addresses any
other way then we should be careful and treat them as private data so that
the poor souls don't get spammed to hell and back.

Regards,
Chris B.