POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frustrating : Re: Frustrating Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustrating
From: clipka
Date: 27 Sep 2009 04:38:22
Message: <4abf247e$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible schrieb:

> The major problem with the game is that it is ABSURDLY HARD. The major
> reason for this is that trying to make your mote go where you want is
> almost impossible. (You see that level in the video with everything
> spiralling around the attractor in the center? It took me THREE DAYS to
> complete that single level!)

Gravity: UR doin' it wrong...

In that level you really need to "think spacecraft" - which can be a bit
brain-wrecking at times:

You want to catch up with something ahead of you? Accelerate towards the
center of gravity! This will drop you into a smaller, faster orbit.
Likewise, to "move backwards", accelerate "up" instead, which will bring
you into a larger, slower orbit.

Make sure to keep an eye on the eccentricity of your orbit.

And most of all: Take your time, and heed the Prime Directive: Don't
panic :-)