POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) : Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen inLinux) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen inLinux)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 26 Sep 2009 18:32:23
Message: <4abe9677$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Huh. I have two versions of PSP installed, and one takes about 100K for
> the data, and the other takes about 250K.
>
> Or you could go to file->preferences->file locations and change them. I
> thought you were talking about moving the application. Moving the files
> is pretty easy.

Well, tell you the truth, I stopped looking closely, after I got a good
look at how many links there are in the mess. Mind, you, there "seems to
be" a couple of "auto update" services, or something, for X and X2 that
are in the registry too, so, moving everything some place else would
tend to move those links as well. Basically, something would "need" to
be fixed, even if most of the changes where simple to do later in the
application. I wouldn't even keep X on the machine, except X2's file
browser sucks, so I don't want to switch over, until/unless I can make
it stop searching "all" directories (instead of the one being viewed),
and opening fracking video files, when I can't even edit them with it.

Don't know who the bone head was that wrote that component, but...

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {