POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google stereotypes : Re: Google stereotypes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google stereotypes
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 26 Sep 2009 16:23:50
Message: <4abe7856$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/26/09 13:46, andrel wrote:
> the 80s, women often did it to find a husband). There may be a 'brutal'
> test at the end, but in physics we studied a lot more and still the
> percentage that graduates is way lower than in law.

	The reason there are more lawyers than physicists is that society needs
more lawyers than they do physicists.

> Somebody once said: 'why would I study hard to be a physicist for 5
> years, while I can also do law and be the manager of a group of
> physicist, earn more, and have 4 years of partying at uni instead?'
> In the US you might add to that: why would I study hard to be a doctor,
> while I can also do law and sue them?

	Lawyers managing physicists? How'd that happen. What kind of job do the
physicists have?

	BTW, over here law school is graduate school, and you need to have some
degree prior to entering law school. It's fairly competitive (although I
won't try to equate it to physics in any way). And while they perhaps do
party (don't really know), law school is fairly demanding here.

until you hear them speak.