POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Portal : Re: Portal Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:11:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Portal
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 26 Sep 2009 14:14:37
Message: <4abe5a0d@news.povray.org>
>> just because I know the solution to most of the puzzles.
>
> I guess that makes it kind of like an adventure game, too. Lots of
> adventure games you can finish in almost no time if you know the
> solution. You can finish Myst in about 20 steps if you already played it
> once. :-)
>
> I like those kinds of games. I'll have to try this one.

It's just a pitty that a lot of the harder puzzles are only hard because
you have to time things, or because you have to do elaborate manouvers
very quickly. I hate the puzzles that rely on timing. I prefer the ones
that just require thinking about...

(E.g., there's an advanced chamber which requires you to fall through an
infinite tunnel and then redirect the portal while falling. Which is
almost impossible. There's nothing technically complicated about it;
it's just extremely hard to do, physically. *yawn*)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/