POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google stereotypes : Re: Google stereotypes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google stereotypes
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Sep 2009 13:48:39
Message: <4abe53f7$1@news.povray.org>
Out of curiosity, I have a question. In the USA, there's a stereotype that
immigrants with few skills can still get jobs, even if they're low-paying.
Indeed, such a stereotype is mocked in movies like Men in Black, when they
find some typical ethnic stuff on the street and one of them shouts "He took
a cab!"  I.e., there's always cab-driving jobs, burger flipping jobs,
restaurant jobs, etc. At least, that's the stereotype?

Do other european countries have this, either as a stereotype or a fact?
Would it be reasonable for a chinese person with awful French to immigrate
to France and find work to do? How about a Spanish person (i.e., from within
europe)?

Just curious.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)