POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server downtime : Re: Server downtime Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server downtime
From: Chris Cason
Date: 26 Sep 2009 02:48:05
Message: <4abdb925@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Chris, I am interested to set up such a news server on my server location,
> too - similar to the POV-Ray newsgroups. Can you give me some ideas about
> the requirements and installation procedures for such a news server? Thanks
> a lot!

I honestly can't help much there: the NNTP server we use is no longer a
current product, and the back-end (which hooks it up to the web view) is
a custom implementation done by ourselves.

These days, if you want to set up a forum, you are probably better off
starting off with something web-based, such as SMF.

-- Chris