POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Captain Jack
Date: 25 Sep 2009 12:12:10
Message: <4abcebda$1@news.povray.org>
"Neeum Zawan" <m.n### [at] ieeeorg> wrote in message

> The summary if you don't want to read it all is that parents should avoid
> praising intelligence, and should focus more on praising effort.

I see the value in that. My mother taught me, before I entered school, that
I was smarter than all the other children. When I started school and
complained that no one wanted to be friends with me, she taught me that all
the other kids were jealous of how smart I was. When I started getting beat
up, she told me that that was the price I had to pay for being so smart.

Fortunately, I *was* smart enough to realize how useless her advice was, and
I learned to keep my smart [sic] comments to myself. :)