POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geocities Follow-up : Re: Geocities Follow-up Server Time
30 Apr 2024 01:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geocities Follow-up
From: Chris B
Date: 25 Sep 2009 11:59:45
Message: <4abce8f1$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
> "Sabrina Kilian" <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote in message
>> Thanks for gathering it all into links. I will go through and make a
>> copy of anything that is available for download. In case we get in touch
>> with anyone after the sites close, the source code and other stuff will
>> still be available.
>>
>> And if it is free to redistribute under a non-CC license, I can drop it
>> on my personal domain for others to use.
>
> It just occured to me the some of the macros that a new home can't be
> found, could exsist on the Wiki enclosed in the <pre> </pre> tags, then
> just use copy/paste to get the code. Wiki export page function wraps
> things in xml maybe that's a possibility as well. I could follow up if
> everyone thinks theres any merit.
>
> Jim

I reckon that a web site would be best and simplest. There might be a
mixture of pov, inc and ini files, plus maybe height field graphics etc. and
it's easiest to just redistribute this sort of stuff as it comes.
If Sabrina has one at an educational institution she can probably save zip
files, inc files etc. without the limitations that most of the free web site
hosts put on that sort of thing (a limitation that geocities didn't suffer
from).

Regards,
Chris B.