POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the coolest things I have seen in a long while : Re: One of the coolest things I have seen in a long while Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One of the coolest things I have seen in a long while
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Sep 2009 09:53:47
Message: <4abccb6b$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:

> When I was a kid, my cousin and I made a silent 8mm movie.  At some point, I
> realized that if I played a certain record by Henry Mancini (Walk on the
> Wild Side) along with the film, it seemed to fit perfectly.  It's odd how
> that happens sometimes.  I must sound really old now.  ;-)

My dad had a think where his TV was hooked up to two video sources, and
his stereo system was hooked up to only one of them. The result was that
he'd turn on the TV, turn on the second video source, turn on the
speakers, and you'd get picture from one channel and sound from a
totally unrelated channel while he searched from the remote control.

Usually just garbage, but sometimes really, really amusing things would
happen. Like watching East Enders with comedy jazz over the top. Or an
air freshener advert with Iron Maiden playing. Some interesting moments
in there...