POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Google stereotypes : Re: Google stereotypes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Google stereotypes
From: scott
Date: 25 Sep 2009 07:02:39
Message: <4abca34f$1@news.povray.org>
> Is this a fact, or just hype? It's hard to tell just by listening to the
> news. (If you believed them, bird flu is a deadly world-wide pandemic
> which is killing everything in sight...)

Or that HIV had just been cured because 51 got HIV who took the vaccine
compared to 74 otherwise.

Anyway, I'm sure you can actually look up the real GCSE pass rates rather
than simply reading the text of news reports.  The bbc site has a graph on
this page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4202327.stm

>> When something stupid like 40% gets an A grade
>
> It's that high??

I was just making that bit up, after checking it's actually 20%.