POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Technology cycles : Re: Technology cycles Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technology cycles
From: scott
Date: 25 Sep 2009 02:51:49
Message: <4abc6885$1@news.povray.org>
> Hahahaha... OK, check this out. I just saw an advert for a "Notebook
> privacy filter":
>
> - Fits 1.54" widescreen notebook computers.
>
> - Keeps information confidential even in high traffic areas.
>
> - Only persons directly in front of the monitor can see the image on
> screen.
>
> ...in other words, it reduces the viewing angle. (You know, the thing
> Notebook manufacturers have just spend the last 20 years trying to
> increase.) WTF?

It allows you to work on the plane, train etc on confidential stuff, also
good for meetings if you're sat next to the customer :-)  We got a few free
samples from 3M for our laptops, it works pretty well.  It comes with some
small clips that you stick onto the laptop, so you can attach and remove the
filter easily.  There is some electronic version going around (ie you can
control from software whether the viewing angle is wide or narrow) not sure
if it is in any product yet (probably some phone in Japan!).