POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Sep 2009 17:35:45
Message: <4abbe631$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:33:55 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Some day I will be a horrible, horrible parent. You probably shouldn't
> take any kind of parent-related advice from me.
>
> I'm always of the opinion that if you enjoy doing something, you should
> keep doing it.

If that's the quality of advice you're able to give, Andy, then you will
be an *excellent* parent if you can follow your own advice.

Seriously.  What you've just said there is the way my parents treated my
brother and I.  They encouraged us to try things until we found "our
thing", and then made it possible for us to keep doing what we loved
doing.

> Unless it's cocane, in which case you should stop. Immediately.

That's a good point, applies to any self-destructive behaviour, really.

Jim