POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Captain Jack
Date: 24 Sep 2009 16:44:13
Message: <4abbda1d$1@news.povray.org>
> The way I see it, anime/manga is her starting point.  I'd like to open up
> the rest of the world from that point.  Who knows, in 10 years,
> manga-style illustration may be huge in the US.  Or maybe she'll want to
> move to Japan. Or, maybe graphic-design is eventually where she will find
> herself.  Or maybe she'll become a lawyer.  I just don't want to ever feel
> like I'm "pushing" her in one direction or another, but simply giving her
> some parental guidance.

As long as you encourage her and accept her (informed) decisions, I think
she'll turn out all right. No matter what, things will probably get
difficult for a few years, but they get better when the kids turn about 20
or so. My daughter is getting married next week... we had a pretty rough
patch when she was about 17 or so, but she seems to think (in emulation of
Mark Twain) that her old man may have gotten somewhat smarter since then. :)