POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Encouraging "Art" in your child : Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Encouraging "Art" in your child
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 24 Sep 2009 16:18:47
Message: <4abbd427@news.povray.org>
"Sabrina Kilian" <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote in message

> Yeah, she will never be any of the folks you mentioned. She will either
> be her self, with her own style and vision, or she won't be in the right
> field. Taking after someone elses style in order to learn a new style is
> fine. Striving to be like another artist leaves your own work feeling
> dull, since your real meaning was to copy, not create.

I didn't mean it in the respect that she should take after someone else's
style, but simply that she could possibly make a living in that business,
but would probably never achieve superstardom.

Thanks for the advice!  I'm going to try to keep some of these things in my
mind over the next few years.