POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Soon to be lost GeoCities pages : Re: Soon to be lost GeoCities pages Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soon to be lost GeoCities pages
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 24 Sep 2009 06:01:19
Message: <4abb436f$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> As per the discussion in Advanced Users, lots of GeoCities pages will soon
> be lost. I was wondering if it would be worth it to create an effort to
> contact authors of Povray pages to either 1) move their site somewhere
> else, or 2) submit their work to the Object Collection.
>
> I know that GeoGebra has a special area where users can upload documents
> and create web pages describing their usage.
>
> -Mike

I guess I should mention that I've also looked into this .... well kind of!
My take was from the stale content perspective. Chris Cason and I talked
about getting the links/resources content posted on the Wiki so that it can
more easily be updated, then have the main POV site pull changes from there.
I've not started anything yet but if it would help I'll bump this up in my
to do list, so we can have a place to get the changes identified and made.

Jim