POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some math problems : Re: Some math problems Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some math problems
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 24 Sep 2009 02:12:26
Message: <4abb0dca$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Some relatively easy math problems for your consideration and enjoyment:
>

>   1)

Key phrase: "not divisible by any *of the* primes"

>   2)

Some of the permutations will be repeat the same sequence.

>   3)

This value is bounded below by:

	(1/4) * sum_{i=1:inf} 1/sqrt(i)

Which diverges, so the expected length of the game is infinite.

>   4)

I don't see how this is possible to give in closed form unless you allow
the ability to sum the digits in the base-5 representation of a number
(which you'd need a recursion or summation to do).  If you actually know
a closed form that doesn't use a cheat like this I'd be curious to hear it.