POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PATA to SATA adapter : PATA to SATA adapter Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  PATA to SATA adapter
From: SharkD
Date: 23 Sep 2009 23:53:02
Message: <4abaed1e$1@news.povray.org>
Any benefits of using an adapter for my old PATA drive so that I can
hook it up to the SATA port on my motherboard? I dig the increased
airflow due to the thinner cables, but the cheaper circuit board
adapters look like dust magnets. Also, I have three IDE devices which
each run natively at different UDMA speeds: a mode 5 hard disk, a mode 4
DVD writer and an old LS-120 drive whose speed I forgot (it's currently
unplugged until I need it again). Splitting them all onto different IDE
channels would be good, I guess.

-Mike