POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some math problems : Re: Some math problems Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some math problems
From: Warp
Date: 23 Sep 2009 16:44:09
Message: <4aba8899@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   "I said it's <n> of <n*2-1>" with consecutive values of n.

> where? This formula does not match your problem for n=1.
> Strange bully to incrementally decrease his changes.
> Or am I still not getting it?

  The game starts with "1 out of 2" (regular coin toss). But if the bully
loses, he declares "I said it's 2 out of 3" and the game continues. If he
loses again, he declares "I said it's 3 out of 5", and so on.

  In general, when he loses the n'th time, he declares "I said it's <n+1>
out of <(n+1)*2-1>".

--
                                                          - Warp