POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : play.com aargh! : Re: play.com aargh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: play.com aargh!
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Sep 2009 14:49:14
Message: <4ab91c2a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> It knows it's you, and it doesn't like *you*.
>>
>> (Said by a sysop answering the phone for the 30th time when the
>> mainframe had crashed and he was trying to fix it. I still giggle at
>> the memory.)
>
> Now that's what I *call* a BOFH! O_O

It was funny. He's a nice guy, but the trouble phone was mounted on the wall
right over the operator's console. So he's trying to fix the thing, and the
phone is ringing every 10 seconds as someone dials into the mainframe and it
doesn't answer. After about the tenth call, he bellows that into the phone
and slams it down, and everyone else in the room just fell down laughing.
I've been using that expression for like 3 decades now.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)