POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) : Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux)
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Sep 2009 12:52:34
Message: <4ab900d2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Such an application that assumes absolute folder paths that are hard
> coded would be ridiculous.

You know what's ridiculous? The multimedia libraries for the box I'm working
for cross-compile, and then explicitly use sed to put the full path to the
libraries into the object code of the libraries, meaning you have to compile
them in the same path as you run them, even tho those are, by definition of
the libraries, not even the same machine.

Ridiculously lazy, I call it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)