POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's a small world : Re: It's a small world Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's a small world
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 22 Sep 2009 10:44:56
Message: <4ab8e2e8@news.povray.org>
"andrel" <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:4AB### [at] hotmailcom...
> On 21-9-2009 22:41, Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
>> Yeah!  What's up with that???  I like sex just as much as the next guy
>> (maybe more),
>
> Anything to back that up?

A few gigabytes on my hard drive.  :-[

>> but it embarrasses me that they somehow link my video with sex.  The only
>> possible link I can think of is that the University of Michigan used to
>> have this event called "The Naked Mile", where students would run naked
>> through the streets of Ann Arbor at the end of the school year.  Then
>> Michigan became synonymous with "naked" in the mind of Youtube. That's
>> just conjecture, however.
>
> I think it is a bit far-fetched, but have no other explanation.

The "naked mile" video showed up on the related videos for a long time.  It
doesn't seem to show up now, and oddly, it actually was somewhat related.  I
also wondered if the fact that "sleeping" is a key word as a result of
"Sleeping Bear Dunes".  Now, had I misspelled it "Sleeping Bare Dunes", I
could certainly see a connection.   ;-)