POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Optical failure : Re: Optical failure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optical failure
From: scott
Date: 22 Sep 2009 04:57:28
Message: <4ab89178@news.povray.org>
> You know, I'm not so sure this is a mental illusion. Viewing the image
> horrifically out of focus still shows the same effect,

Viewing it out of focus means the colours reaching your retina are actually
differnt (because one is mixed with orange and the other with magenta).  See
attached blurred version...

When you're viewing it *in* focus there really are the same colours coming
to your retina that the brain interprets differently depending on what
colours are around it.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'image1.png' (13 KB)