POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I can't decide which is most awesome : Re: I can't decide which is most awesome Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can't decide which is most awesome
From: Warp
Date: 20 Sep 2009 16:41:19
Message: <4ab6936f@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > doesn't mean it's not "actually orbiting the Earth".

> Hmmmm.   OK.   I don't feel like doing the math, but I suspect you're right.
> :-)  Maybe at some point I'll figure out how much the sun attracts the moon
> vs the earth.

  I don't really understand why you are so fixated about this Sun vs Earth
gravitation thing.

  The Sun is affecting *both* the Earth and the Moon, not the Moon alone.
It's not like the Sun and the Earth were competing with each other to see
which one gets to pull the Moon. It doesn't matter if the Sun's gravitation
is stronger than the Earth's. It makes little difference.

--
                                                          - Warp