POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When words and phrases change their meaning : Re: When words and phrases change their meaning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When words and phrases change their meaning
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Sep 2009 13:44:01
Message: <4ab669e1$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   And I'm still not sure I'd pronounce the word "sure" properly. That's one
> of the most difficult words in the entire English language, for sure.

Heh. That reminds me of another one. My wife had been pronouncing "sugar"
the way it was spelled, with no "sh" sound. Eventually I corrected her, and
she got it right on and off for a while. Then one day at the table she asked
me to pass the sh-s-s-sh-sh-s-sh... And I passed the sugar. So that became a
running joke for a while.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)