POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : When words and phrases change their meaning : Re: When words and phrases change their meaning Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: When words and phrases change their meaning
From: Warp
Date: 20 Sep 2009 13:40:15
Message: <4ab668ff@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   One thing I hate about English is its inconsistent pronounciation.

> I regret pointing out to her that "fruit" is one syllable like "froot" and

  One word which took me a long time to learn to pronounce correctly is
"island". That 's' is just so confusing by being there, but being completely
silent.

  And I'm still not sure I'd pronounce the word "sure" properly. That's one
of the most difficult words in the entire English language, for sure.

  Sewer, shore, sir... no problem, but somehow "sure" is just evil. I can't
pronounce it properly. I hate that word.

--
                                                          - Warp