POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) : Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen inLinux) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:10:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen inLinux)
From: Darren New
Date: 20 Sep 2009 13:04:26
Message: <4ab6609a@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Indeed, a clear line cannot always be drawn; for instance, are POV-Ray
> .ini files settings for POV-Ray, or are they part of the scene?

Generally, if the user can change them, they shouldn't be in the
program-files directory. :-)

> Most software is pretty sane about this,

Mainly because that's the only place users have permissions to write. :)

Altho I have had software that was licensed per-user that stored its
licensing settings in the per-machine area. It was broken in many other ways
too, and written by the CEO's son, so I wasn't surprised.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)