POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why are some games so damn hard to find? : Re: Why are some games so damn hard to find? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why are some games so damn hard to find?
From: Chambers
Date: 20 Sep 2009 04:06:02
Message: <4ab5e26a@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Chambers <Ben### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Have you tried ebay?
>
>   No. I generally don't trust such websites. (Or to be more precise, I don't
> have trust issues with the *website* itself, but with the people selling
> things.)

I've had mostly good results with it.  I've purchased several movies and
games (the other day I bought JCVD, can't wait for it to ship :) ), and
a 1TB hdd that's worked flawlessly for more than a year.

On the other hand, I bought a Radeon graphics card that had suffered
from overheating.  The thing works fine on the Windows desktop and light
games, but is very prone to resetting the computer when playing graphics
heavy games.

YMMV, of course :)

...Chambers