POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) : Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An annoying thing in Windows (which mostly doesn't happen in Linux)
From: Darren New
Date: 19 Sep 2009 16:15:27
Message: <4ab53bdf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   The best uninstallers ask you whether you want to also remove save files
> and such, giving you the option of preserving them or removing them safely.
> That's how all programs should do it, but unfortunately not many do.

Exactly.  A lot of the cruft left behind is due to the fact it's commercial.
Was it worth *their* time to add that question to the uninstaller? Sucks,
but what are you going to do?

But the crap like caching java applets forever is hellishly annoying, I
find. That grows forever. I can remember to clean up junk the thrice a year
I uninstall something.

Now I have a bat file that deletes all the crap I can find I run before backups.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)