POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lens shift camera : Re: lens shift camera Server Time
5 Oct 2024 18:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lens shift camera
From: Doctor John
Date: 19 Sep 2009 06:58:37
Message: <4ab4b95d@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:

> I don't think we are talking at cross-purposes, and I'll post a few
> images to demonstrate what my macro does later ( I'll try to imitate
> your test images as much as possible). It may be a couple of days though
> as a death in the family has messed things up a bit and I need to
> concentrate on that for the moment.
>
> John

Sorry for the delay, I've now got what you wanted. See p.b.i for the
first test images. The code for the camera is:

#declare CamPos=<0, 0, -10.5>;
#declare CamLook=<0, 0, 0>;
#declare Distance=vlength(CamLook-CamPos);
#declare ShiftX=0.0; //use whatever numbers you need here n<1
#declare ShiftY=0.0; //use whatever numbers you need here n<1
camera {
	perspective
	location CamPos
	look_at CamLook
	right x*image_width/image_height
	up <0, 1, 0>
	transform {
		matrix
		<1,0,0,
		0,1,0,
		ShiftX,ShiftY,1,
		ShiftX*Distance,ShiftY*Distance,0>
	}
}
I'm going to merge this with my FieldCam work to produce a (close to)
fully functioning studio camera

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei