POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : About no_radiosity and radiosity off : Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Sep 2009 03:58:10
Message: <4ab48f12@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> > Though I generally consider this a reasonable position, in this
> > particular case there was a reason for the MegaPOV patch to use this
> > particular syntax and not a different one, touching one of the very
> > points mentioned: Consistency, in this case with the other
> > "no_something" keywords.

Most of wich actually ended in POV-Ray due to previous smaller MegaPOV
patches being applied without enough thought (in part my fault there, of
course). Much better than a "no_something" would be a "something [on]"
as default and users then using "something off".

> > - and with the syntax "radiosity off" already being in use for another
> > very different feature.

But not a 3.6 feature, and in the beta it can be changed, and should be
changed if it turns out to be unsuitable.

> > Plus, as already mentioned, sacrificing the opportunity to use a syntax
> > already familiar to the users of a very famous POV-Ray patch - which of
> > course would not be sufficient alone, but I think it quite well rounds
> > off the whole thing.

Well, I have to admit I prefer Warp's suggestion to keep this in a
radiosity block per object similar to interior, media, photons, etc.

	Thorsten