POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wacom tablet : Re: Wacom tablet Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wacom tablet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Sep 2009 16:56:16
Message: <4ab2a270$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:38:07 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> OK, now I'm puzzled... Tablets use absolute positioning. So how do you
> only use a small area?

Because tablets don't use absolute positioning.  The Wacom driver for all
platforms (Linux, Windows, and Mac) lets you choose whether you're using
absolute or relative positioning.

In fact, the Wacom tablets let you set this depending on the tool you're
using.  So when I'm using the cordless mouse, it uses relative
positioning (so I can move off the edge of my screen and onto the next
system the way I always have), but the stylus and eraser are configured
for absolute positioning.

You can also configure the area, and even can configure within some
applications for "Window" or "Screen" mode (meaning the area applies only
to the current window or to the entire screen).

Jim