POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : About no_radiosity and radiosity off : Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off Server Time
7 Jul 2024 05:59:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off
From: Warp
Date: 17 Sep 2009 09:03:42
Message: <4ab233ae@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > radiosity { emission on/off }
> > radiosity { collect on/off }

> I agree with having a radiosity{} block instead of no_radiosity.
> "no_radiosity" and "radiosity off" sound like two ways of saying the same
> thing, which they definitely aren't.

> But I think we need clearer keywords than emission and collect. As clipka
> says, an object only "emits" if it has a positive ambient value. If an
> object A reflects radiosity from object B onto object C, I wouldn't say
> object A is "emitting" anything.

  I chose keywords primarily because they are existing ones (and thus
wouldn't require adding new keywords to the parser) and because they were
the first ones which came to mind. I don't have any objection in something
even clearer being used. My point was, however, the idea of making the
radiosity settings be in its own block, similar to how photon, pigment,
finish and normal settings are. This makes it more flexible and expandable
in the future.

--
                                                          - Warp