POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 82% crazy : Re: 82% crazy Server Time
5 Sep 2024 13:12:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 82% crazy
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Sep 2009 18:35:12
Message: <4ab16820$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> the odds would have to be so unlikely that they could only
> transpire like.. twice in the entirely history of the universe?

If that. Probably closer to 10^-100 times in the entire history of the
universe.  If you're talking about something like all the atoms in a room
suddenly all going left and right, leaving you in the middle suffocating.

Remember, there's some 10^22 atoms of nitrogen in each gram of atmosphere in
your room. If each one is 25% likely to be going the right direction, what's
the likelyhood a kilogram of them will all go the right direction?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)