POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : About no_radiosity and radiosity off : Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:44:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off
From: Warp
Date: 16 Sep 2009 16:24:43
Message: <4ab1498b@news.povray.org>
> (A) There is nothing I actively /want/ - In case you didn't notice, this
> is how it /is/ implemented right now. The one who /wants/ a change is /you/.

  The question is about clarity and flexibility. The current solution is
confusing (as demonstrated by the original post) and inflexible.

  Compare the situation to how it would be with photons. What is clearer and
less confusing, this:

    photons off
    no_photons

or this:

    photons { collect off }
    photons { pass_through }

  You are basically advocating the former, for the sole reason that someone
made the poor choice of using that syntax in megapov.

--
                                                          - Warp