POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : About no_radiosity and radiosity off : Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off Server Time
7 Jul 2024 07:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About no_radiosity and radiosity off
From: clipka
Date: 16 Sep 2009 15:29:03
Message: <4ab13c7f@news.povray.org>
Warp schrieb:
>   Basically what you want is to dump every per-object radiosity-related
> setting to the main object definition block, rather than having a clear
> 'radiosity' block inside it where all the radiosity settings are grouped.

Let's get some things straight here:

(A) There is nothing I actively /want/ - In case you didn't notice, this
is how it /is/ implemented right now. The one who /wants/ a change is /you/.

(B) We're not talking about "every per-object radiosity-related setting"
- we're talking about /one/ individual flag: "no_radiosity".

(You also want to talk about the "radiosity off" flag, but as far as
that is concerned, I'd actually even advocate moving that into the
finish block and making it a float. Wasn't my call though.)

As for a dedicated radiosity block for future increased flexibility of
radiosity use: Where should it go? The object block? The material block?
The texture block? The finish block?

There might be valid reasons for any of these, so until the time comes
that radiosity /will/ be configurable at a per-whatever basis, just
picking one of those spots more or less at random isn't good advice either.