POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! : Re: Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost! Server Time
22 Jun 2024 22:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation into "My Documents": All Scenes Lost!
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 16 Sep 2009 12:50:39
Message: <4ab1175f@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> I was able to install it for me only, with UAC enabled, but I would like
> to be able to use the "All Users" option as I do with most other software.

The problem is that by default you can't select "Run as administrator"
from the context menu for starting an MSI (elevating the privileges is
absolutely necessary even when logged in as administrator).

Here's a link how to modify your registry to enable this for MSI's

http://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/msi-run-administrator-context-menu-vista

Note I didn't try this - holding on to XP until it crumbles to dust ;)