POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:40:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 gamma - status
From: clipka
Date: 15 Sep 2009 19:36:28
Message: <4ab024fc@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich schrieb:
> Globals are evil. I would instead recommend making this a bitmap only
> feature, not supplying a global setting.

I think a global setting (not necessarily in the global_settings block -
the default block would do as well) should be made available.

Suppose some guy who prefers to work with images having a gamma
pre-correction of 1.8 for whatever reason, in some file format that
isn't linear by default: Why shouldn't we make his life easier?

If we'd want to force users to change their standard processes to match
the sRGB color space, then why is there a File_Gamma INI file setting to
adjust the output file gamma?