POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux directory usage question : Linux directory usage question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Linux directory usage question
From: TC
Date: 15 Sep 2009 18:44:46
Message: <4ab018de$1@news.povray.org>
To all Linux gurus here: can anybody tell me how many files can be stored in
a Linux directory without performance degradation? Or is there no limit for
directory entries on Linux file systems?

On a web server I have about a thousand product shots in a single directory
(web shop demands it) - how many more before Linux stops to like me? ;-)